Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day One

It's a new year and since this is the first January (in a long time) that I'm not either pregnant or nursing a baby it's time to lose weight. This blog is my attempt at sticking to the goal: losing 20lbs in 60 days. I don't know how it's going to go but I know that I need a place to vent and focus. Ideally, this will be a successful run, otherwise I'll have to change my blog address!

Getting to know me:
I'm 30, happily married with 5 kids
I'm a homebody that loves crafts and computers
I love food (well, I guess that's obvious)
I live in a beautiful place where food and family is a priority
I'm starting this new adventure using Herbalife products
My favorite foods are: Alaskan King Crab, Pizza, Chocolate and most anything deep fried
And I find little to no joy in exercising

Beginning with last night, I made no reservations about limiting my food. Why? Well, because it was my farewell dinner to food. The last night of the year to live life before I died on a diet the next day. We had steak and fish and coleslaw. Not so bad, but I managed to pile my plate and had to be rolled away. I thought it would be mainly mind over matter but I didn't anticipate my mind being so weak. So, instead of drinking a health shake (which I do like) I starved myself because I was busy organizing my week. I did manage to make a shake but I left it in the freezer and it froze over. So, I left in out on the counter to thaw but didn't visit it again until 4 hours later when it was bacterially warm...not happening.

It caught up to me around 6 in the evening when I started shaking from food deprivation and gobbled up 4 chocolate cookies. I made crispy chicken katsu for dinner and it was delicious. Of course I "taste tested" half a chicken before adding 2 more to my big scoop of rice, 6 slices of leftover steak and a mound of mayo covered coleslaw. I'm now stuffed to the brim and not having a happy new year after all. The only "healthy" thing I did today was take my Liftoff (energy drink) but it didn't help me with my gorging.

Here's my weight loss plan:

Be consistent in my yoga
Spend 30 minutes every day on my stationary bike
Twice a week do some band resistance exercises
Replace two meals with 2 shakes - I'll probably get the best results with drinking my breakfast and dinner
Write in this blog
Think skinny thoughts

So, wish me luck and I'll let you in on how things played out tomorrow on Day 2. Happy Dieting!

1 comment:

  1. hey, good luck! It's all in your mind and changing bad habits for good. Your "skinny" sister's always there to help.. and nudge ;)

    ReplyDelete