Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 26

Yesterday at church, two women that I see almost every Sunday didn't recognize me. They both thought I was someone else that looked familiar to them. I'm not particularly close to these ladies but we'll greet each other when we cross paths. Later, as I thought about it I felt it was a pretty good sign especially since one of the ladies (she's an older woman, in her late 60's) asked if I was pregnant at the beginning of this month. When she figured out it was me after her initial response she was so surprised and said I looked taller. So, yay! At least she didn't think I was due any day now.

Then last night I took my husband out on a date and we had dinner at a steakhouse. I didn't have a steak but chose to eat fish instead. I filled up on the salad bar and was tempted to pour on the ranch dressing again but scooped up the balsamic vinegar instead. Normally, I eat almost everything on my plate when I go out to eat (I'd eat every last morsel but I'm too self-conscious that the waiter would be laughing at me behind my back). This time I was full and satisfied after half of the food was gone and I managed to take home the rest (I ate it for lunch today).

Sadly, the good news ends there. Today, I did manage to have a shake for breakfast. It was yummy since I blended the chocolate flavor with a banana and a 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter. I justified not having my shake for dinner by using the smallest plate in the cupboard to eat some salmon and rice. I also planned to exercise but was too tired from cleaning and organizing most of the day. I can't remember when the last time I exercised. It's been too long. I still haven't found a time to commit to it in my day. I can't wake up earlier than I already do because that's too much sacrifice of my precious sleep. And during the day I have 3 little children to feed, change and try to take a nap at the same time. Then when evening comes there's 3 more children to help get ready for another school day. (If you noticed the math's a little off: 6 kids instead of 5...I babysit my niece during the weekdays). So, I'm exhausted at the end of the day and even now this blog entry is taking up the last reserves of my strength...well, what little I have without exercising. It's a funny thing the irony of it all: I need energy to exercise but it's exercise that will give me energy! Hopefully, I'll find the key to unlock this great mystery.

Oh, and despite my sister's great advice about not weighing myself too much I admit it's the one thing I've made a habit of doing. So, looks like I'm at 131. (course that was this morning, before I refused to have my second shake for dinner). As far as my measurements, I took it a few days ago and I hope my memory serves me well: My waist: 37 inches Arms: 13 inches. I really don't have any hips (although, I'm not sure if I should be the judge of that) so I didn't measure that. I only focused on the two areas I despise.

February is right around the corner and the 30 day mark so I'm feeling quite anxious and not sure if I can take it to the next level. All I can say is: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

2 comments:

  1. don't give up on yourself.


    "Studies have linked larger waist sizes to higher risk for heart attack, cancer, diabetes, dementia and even incontinence. "
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/13/health/13waist.html

    change the way you view exercise. It's not a chore. Moving your body feels good and your body will respond positively to it. I look at exercise as a way to indulge myself and a way to release stress. And the best part is that you don't ever feel guilty after. :)

    Change the way you think, and your body will follow.

    ReplyDelete