Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 22

Thinking about writing in this blog is probably the biggest reason I haven't thrown in the towel. Well, that and I've got a lot of valuable Herbalife products sitting in my closet. My life's a little too hectic right now to be patient enough to post pictures and write in this everyday but doesn't mean it's not on the forefront of my mind all day....

Today was a weird day with the scale. I could swear it was bewitched. Whatever happened I was very motivated by it's findings. So, when I stepped on the scale this morning it read 125. I got off and got on a half dozen times or so because that couldn't have been right. Well, yesterday I did manage to have 2 shakes and 1 meal and I snacked on carrots and celery throughout the day. And I did make sure it was starting exactly at zero instead of 10lbs behind it. Whatever the case I was surely following my food plan today. But when I went on the scale in the afternoon it read 133. I replayed my on and off dance but to no avail still: 133. I know that you weigh less in the morning on an empty stomach but there was no way it would be so much more. Still, it was really, really exciting to look down and be in the 120 range. So, I'll be thinking about that for a while longer because I want to see that again without thinking someone was messing with my head.

I still have to take my measurements so I can see the results that way too. So, hopefully the next post will reveal those numbers. Also, I haven't worked out at all this week. I used my period as an excuse because this time it hit me pretty hard. But, I do plan to start again tomorrow. Today I had a chocolate shake in the morning for breakfast (made with soymilk) then I munched on a salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, celery and carrots with italian dressing. Believe me I wanted to pour on the ranch but found the will to go with the better option. Then I had some herbal concentrate tea which tasted so good since I added a teaspoon and a half of sugar to it. It supposed to suppress my appetite and kickstart my metabolism. Later I had a bowl of chicken curry with lots of veggies in it. It's about 10:30pm and I'm about to go to bed after this glass of Niteworks (I have to read more about what it does but it's for my heart health) and I don't feel hungry at all. There is a handful of shortbread cookies on my dresser in my room because my husband's been snacking on them for days and I made it past the container without digging in.

Today I learned that I definitely need to have salad and veggies stocked in my fridge and that it's okay to eat those throughout the day. I'll be shopping tomorrow because I'm almost out. Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey, that's more like it. Instead of the pound of coleslaw. Good for you! Those cookies will give you jelly rolls. Stay away.

    Don't weigh yourself too much. Your body fluctuates so weighing yourself too much can discourage you when you're actually making progress.

    Having food easily accessible makes it easier to stay on track! A good low fat tip for when you're craving cookies or sweets is to have a small graham cracker with a little jelly. It's actually really low in fat and totally satisfies any craving. Check out the nutrition facts ;) Fruit's always a good one too from stopping a sweets craving.
    Yogurt is also really good. It actually helps you carve out a thinner stomach because of the live and active cultures. It also contains calcium, b12, riboflavin and protein. My personal favorite is yogurt with blueberries for the extra bonus of antioxidants. A nice addition to eating salads. Some people use yogurt as a dressing but I personally love balsamic vinaigrette.

    Also, try not to eat too much sodium. It makes you retain water, making you feel bloated. Then you'll 'feel' results as opposed to numbers by your feet.

    Keep it up! Make life changes, not just day changes.

    ReplyDelete