Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 9

I'm definitely hitting some challenges. My mind goes back and forth all day trying to negotiate with my body whether or not this diet thing is a good idea. And it doesn't help when I wake up with a pounding headache and a raging stomach. I decided to have breakfast...a big breakfast of rice, spam, onion and eggs. Boy, did I enjoy every oily bite. For a good 10 minutes atleast. Then came the inevitable guilt. The pain in my head moved to my heart. I felt disappointed and defeated. I definitely wanted to drown my sorrows in chocolate but somehow I pulled through. I planned on having a shake but instead picked my way through carrots and stared longingly at the pantry. I really don't want to give up and even though I fall short of my goals I want to keep moving forward. Thankfully, I can go to bed well tonight since I rode the bike for 30 minutes, did some band resistant exercises and yoga. I'm hoping tomorrow I won't have to exercise on account of guilt.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up. It's all in your head. Prove yourself that you can do it. Look at it as a way of life instead of a 'diet'. A 'diet' means 'temporary'. Look at your body. Look at your health. Think of your kids and the habits they'll take from you and the health they'll receive from your habits. Think of how long you want to live. (oh yes, I went there) Time to straighten up and change yourself. Now. No more excuses that you "gave into temptation but rode on the exercise bike so it's okay". Get rid of your bad habits before it gets rid of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, talk about tough love. I appreciate it, really. I'll have to read this at least once a day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete